Athletic Training Resources
Athletic Training Forms
- AIA Annual Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form Form 15.7-A,Form 15.7 B and Form 15.7 C – A student will not be allowed to practice or compete in interscholastic athletics until there is on file with Tempe Preparatory Academies a physical examination performed by an approved medical provider. The physical examination for the following school year shall be given on or after March 1. The physical examination card must be signed by an approved medical provider and state that, in the opinion of the examining provider, the provider did not find any medical reason to disqualify the student from practice or competition in athletic contests.
- Brainbook Academy Concussion Course (Required for incoming freshman athletes) – A research study to examine the design and development of an instructional module on concussion awareness for high school students. The online instructional module is an hour long. Students will how to recognize the signs and symptoms of concussion in themselves and others, as well as learn proper concussion safety, prevention and treatment.
- ImPACT Testing – Baseline concussion testing required for participation in football, basketball and soccer at the high school level.
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing Consent/Decline Form – Before engaging in the ImPACT testing, consent must be received by a parent or legal guardian of the student athlete.
- Physical Education Verification Form – Over the course of the school year, 6-8 grade students should complete at least 60 hours of an organized athletic activity. Students who participate in a school-sponsored sport will meet their requirement for the year. Students who participate in an activity not sponsored by Tempe Preparatory Academies (i.e. martial arts, gymnastics, swim team, etc.) should have this form completed and signed by the coach or instructor of the activity.
Athletic Guides and Tutorials
- 108 Degrees – Critical Response – A full length movie on the dangers of heat illness in high school athletics.
- Body Mass Loss Calculator – A guide to assist with post activity rehydration.
- Heads Up Concussion Factsheet for Athletes – Recommended steps for when student athletes think they have a concussion.
- Heads Up Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents/Guardians – Recommended steps for when parents/guardians think their teen has a concussion.
- Hydration Fact Sheet – Information for athletes and coaches to ensure proper hydration of the body.
- Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) – A voluntary association of public and private high schools which is committed to the inclusion of equitable interscholastic opportunities for both boys and girls in all Arizona high schools.
Power Rankings and Standings
- AIA 365 – Power rankings and scores for public and private high schools.
- Valley Christian Schools League – Power rankings and standings for public and private junior high schools.