Report an Absence
Regular attendance and prompt arrival at school are vital to the TPA student’s attitude and subsequent success as a serious scholar.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to call the school before 8:30 a.m. to report an absence by leaving a message on the attendance line: 480-839-3402 x300 or by completing the absence form on this page.
- An absence is unexcused if a parent/guardian has not called or emailed the school to excuse a student before the end of THAT school day. (Please note: The administration will not attempt to contact parents in the event of a message not being left.)
- Please be sure the office has your current contact number or email on file.
- On the day, he/she returns to school the child should bring a signed excuse stating the reason for the absence.
- Whenever possible, if a student absence is anticipated, we recommend that the student notify his/her teachers and request the assignments prior to the absence.
- It is the responsibility of the student to make up all missed assignments after an absence from school.
- If a student is unable to attend school and seeks their assignments, they should contact one of their classmates for that information, not the school office.
Once again, it is the responsibility of the student to make up missed homework after any absence, planned or due to illness, in a timely manner. Each teacher will have an established make-up policy, including appropriate deadlines, for missed work. At the discretion of the headmaster, students may not be allowed to make up missed work due to an unexcused absence or suspension. Parents will receive a detailed attendance report at the end of each grading period.
Since regular attendance is essential to a student’s success at TPA, and numerous absences are also destructive to the student’s and the school’s morale, TPA has an established policy of assigning incompletes for semester grades to those students who miss more than 10 full days (or the equivalent thereof in partial absences) in a semester. Students will need to repeat the grade to remove the incompletes from their academic record. Only the headmaster may make exceptions to this policy in the case of very serious illness or approved leave of an academic nature.