Careers at Tempe Preparatory Academy
Tempe Preparatory Academy is a virtues-based learning community with the objective of developing students’ curiosity, intellectual autonomy, objectivity, open-mindedness, integrity, and intellectual perseverance. Our teachers are pivotal to the success of our academic and extracurricular programs. Our teachers are the key part of the process of inspiring and encouraging pupils to strive for greatness beyond talent or practice.
In keeping with our commitment to the liberal arts and sciences, Tempe Preparatory Academy welcomes applications from individuals whose lives and style of teaching embrace the trinity of truth, beauty and goodness.
The Academy seeks diversity in its faculty, administration and staff, just as it does in its student body. Our teachers come from a myriad of backgrounds and experiences, including former private or public school instructors, as well as individuals with undergraduate and graduate training. Here you can find information about our hiring standards and minimum requirements for all career opportunities that exist at Tempe Preparatory Academy.
About Tempe Preparatory Academy
- Tempe Prep provides a superior, liberal arts curriculum
- Class sizes are small, with 15-23 students per class
- Full-time teachers are given meaningful prep time
- TPA continues to earn an excelling rating from the Department of Education
- TPA is accredited by the prestigious American Academy of Liberal Education and by the North Central Association
Profile of Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate a passion to engage both the rational and analytical mind, and the emotional heart of students
- Commitments to academic rigor, depth, inquiry and character development are fundamental qualities for every member of the TPA faculty
- Qualified candidates should be comfortable with engaging students in conducting Socratic dialogues
- Possess a solid understanding of the Great Books of the Western World
- Traditional certification or training in educational methods is not required. Experience in similar educational settings is an asset
- A strong background in the humanities, sciences and arts is highly desirable
- Full-time teachers must be willing to direct at least one extra-curricular activity (not necessarily athletics)
- Dedicated to working with teenagers
- Compensation is market competitive and depends upon experience and credentials. Compensation also includes a full employee health benefits package.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Tempe Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities.
To be hired for a faculty position, the following must be submitted; although consideration for positions will be undertaken when an expression of interest and material marked with an asterisk, regarding qualifications and academic background have been received.
- A completed and signed faculty application packet with resume must be on file in the Human Resources offices before an individual can be considered for employment
- A copy of your valid DPS-issued fingerprint clearance card
- Three professional letters of reference, at least one of which is from an employer for whom you have worked in the last two years OR your university placement packet
- Unofficial transcripts (Please note: official transcripts are required if employed)
- Other documents that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for a specific position are optional
After completing the application form, please attach other required documentation and mail or deliver an original signed copy to:
1251 E. Southern Ave
Tempe, AZ 85282
Current Job Listings
Below is a list of the current employment opportunities at Tempe Preparatory Academy and Junior Academy. Click on the job title to learn more about the opening. Check back frequently as new jobs are posted every day.
Board of Directors
Tempe Preparatory Academy is seeking candidates to serve on its board of directors. Candidates should have a strong liberal arts background in academia and/or a demonstrated expertise in finance or general business. Tempe Preparatory Academy, a Blue Ribbon School, provides the highest quality liberal arts education to students in grades 6-12 based on a Great Books curriculum. Directors should be interested in working to support the schools’ mission while also keeping the school financially sound and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The volunteer board positions for Tempe Preparatory Academy require attending monthly meetings, in addition to assisting with board projects outside of meetings. Total monthly time commitment is approximately 5 hours.
If you are interested in being part of the leadership for this outstanding school, please submit a cover letter and either a curriculum vitae or resume no later than Friday, June 8, 2018, to Lisa Borawski, Board President at: email@example.com. Additional information about the Tempe Preparatory Academy can be found at: www.tempeprep.org.
Administrative Job Openings
Specific Job Openings at Tempe Preparatory Academy