The involvement of the parental community is the driving force behind the success of Tempe Preparatory Academy (TPA). We believe that excellent communication and unity are essential for quality and excellence in education to occur.
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) exists to assist in the development and perpetuity of the school’s mission statement: To educate students for the lifelong pursuit of truth, beauty, and goodness.
To build unity among the entire TPA Community and encourage teamwork between faculty, parents, and students.
- To meet as a group on the last Thursday of each month (September-April) as listed on the TPA calendar, unless another TPA community event is scheduled. The informal meeting structure contains three segments:
2. Socratic discussion of the announced topic
3. Close with attendees’ suggestions for future topics
- Each meeting will provide an informal, heuristic, non-threatening environment to encourage communication between parents and faculty. (students may attend)
- Each meeting will have a “specific topic” of discussing the definition and how to execute behavior representing one or more of the key elements within our Mission Statement: TRUTH, GOODNESS, and BEAUTY.
- Provides an informal platform for parents to express any current concerns, questions, and opinions directly to the faculty and or headmaster.
- Provides an informal platform that allows the headmaster and or faculty to share plans, ideas, and concerns directly with parents.
- In essence, the meetings also provide “mini parent-teachers conferences” at a group level.
- To serve as a resource for opinions regarding any changes to the school curriculum and development of documentation, such as the Strategic Plan.